About this Show

The O Reilly Factor

News/Business. (2013) New. (CC)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 760 (FOX NEWS HD)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Espn 7, Chuck Hagel 5, Hagel 5, Us 5, U.s. 5, Dennis Miller 4, Miller 4, Alabama 4, Washington 4, Columbus 3, John Brennan 3, San Francisco 3, Obama 3, Afghanistan 3, Obama Administration 3, France 3, Juliet Huddy 2, Florida 2, Graham 2, Brennan 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The O Reilly Factor    News/Business.   
   (2013) New. (CC)  

    January 9, 2013
    5:00 - 6:00pm PST  

5:00pm
christopher columbus was sailing near what's now the dominican republic when he wrote in his log of spotting three mermaids. columbus had left spain the previous year in search of a western route to asia he found the new world and plants and animals and people. in the case of mermaids historians point out columbus had likely spotted a group of manatees. the explorer was familiar with the mythical half woman, half fish creature. these mermaids were not half as beautiful as they are painted. disappointing discovery 520 years ago today. no truth to the rumor that he was in that day's colorado. and now you know the news for this wednesday, january the 9th, 2013. i'm shepard smith. we're all back tomorrow, probably. noon pacific, 3:00 eastern time and back here tomorrow night for "the fox report."
5:01pm
the factor is coming up next as it often does. be very afraid. >> shepard: the o'reilly factor is is on, tonight. >> i can tell you quarterbacks get all the good looking women. what a beautiful woman. wow. >> bill: sportscaster spored to apologize for calling a good looking woman good looking. we will tell you what's going on here. >> got to know al gore. meet him in the fox news lobby. he looks me up and down and says look where you ended up? >> bill: is geraldo turning on al gore? could that be possible? wait until you hear the latest al jazeera connection. >> got my own thoughts when i'm out on the sidewalks dodging the sea pods. see this look. exactly what you will see. >> bill: dennis miller will weigh in on al gore as well as congress being less popular than cockroaches. >> was that your auntee? caution.
5:02pm
you are about to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. >> hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thank you for watching us tonight. some political predictions for 2013. that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. as we all know, these are high days for liberal america and we are watching president obama very closely to see if he will be a leader for all americans or just left wing folks? so far the evidence is that mr. obama is moving further to the left. there is no question that some kind of gun control will be embraced by the obama administration. looks like they will will try to ban certain kind of assault weapons. they will want the feds to register firearms much like you have to register your cower car. talking points believes the legislation will have a tough time getting through the house. there is danger for the republicans because most americans do want some reasonable restrictions on powerful weapons.
5:03pm
in the same vein immigration reform will most likely happen. must get more hispanic americans to support it therefore we can expect a quasiamnesty for law abiding illegal aliens already in the country. they have to jump through a few hoops it will take some time but they should be able to stay in this country. gay marriage front the supreme court hearing two cases. what's likely to happen there is that the court will rule the individual states can decide the issue. they're if a state like california which voted down gay marriage continues to hold that posture, the feds will not override that. but, there is no way the nine supreme court justices will ban gay marriage outright. not going to happen. as far as legalized marijuana is concerned. again, it will depend on the state. right now the feds are prosecuting people who move big quantities of pot. that will continue. but individual users will most likely be able to toke their lives away should they want to. so you can see that we are becoming a much more liberal
5:04pm
nation that could change very quickly if left wing policies begin to create more problems. believe me when i tell you franklin roosevelt never envisioned a gay when a guy like richard nixon would be elected president. now for the top story tonight. more fallout from the al gore al jazeera situation as you may know. mr. gore has made tens of millions of dollars by selling his failing far left cable network to the anti-americans who run al jazeera out of the persian gulf. some of the people currently working at current tv are said to be angry because they will lose their jobs while mr. gore enriches himself. as far as al jazeera is concerned, all you need to know is this. in 2008, that network threw a televised birthday party for a lebanese terrorist. there he is in 1979 he was imprisoned for shooting israeli civilian dead in front of his 4-year-old daughter. then murdering the little girl by bashing her head in with a rifle.
5:05pm
he got out of prison for some reason and al jazeera threw him a big party. tell vifsed it. i'm not sure whether al gore was invited. i'm with us now fox news anchor geraldo rivera who has his own al gore story. you know this terrorist as well. you talked to him. >> i do. i interviewed him in prison a year after the murder. >> bill: let's talk about al gore first. on your radio program which is now syndicated. you are terrorizing people not only on tv but the radio. >> we are. >> bill: you are talking about meeting al gore in the lobby of fox news and he said? >> this was around 2006, an inconvenient truth is is in many way visionary movie about global warning coming out. with al franken before franken was running for senate franken had a movie called something about god. god sake al franken god sake. there was a screening room there is a screening room at 20th century fox. i had ran into the vice president.
5:06pm
i had previously interviewed the vice president you will recall much to your chagrin i was a principle defender of bill clinton impeachment days. i saw him before our chance encounter here at fox news world headquarters. i run into the vice president with al franken by his side. he looks me up and down and says look where you ended up as if to say to me my goodness how could you possibly sell out to go to work here for news? i said i'm still the same guy. and the vice president says to me in a very terrific terrific tisk. i bet you will never by the the hand that feeds you i would tailor my remarks. >> bill: he insulted you. in the past you would have hit him with a chair but you didn't. >> there what were no chairs. >> bill: you absorbed the insult. tables are turned big al gore making a lot of money from oil
5:07pm
sheikhs who. they provided the money that went in his possibility and he doesn't like big oil if you see him in the lobby again. >> i have no doubt acute sense of what is hypocritical and not hypocritical from my own personal experience. for him to take that big money, where al jazeera paid more than the price. >> bill: way more. >> big bonus from the oil rich sheikh dom of gutter. he knows where that money came from. he knows it is in conflict with his basic personal. >> bill: he took the money anyway. >> he took the money and run. >> bill: is he hypocrite. >> accuse me coming for fox news. i'm the same person i was at nbc. >> bill: hit him with the chair. i want to see that. >> he gave me that smirk. you know that al gore smirk? >> bill: i don't know the vice president. i have talked to it him on the phone a couple times. big global warming guy. big mansion and fossil fuels
5:08pm
going into cooling and heating. sorry. this is is a bad guy, this terrorist, okay? kills a little girl. bashes her head in. i don't know why is he not still in prison. al jazeera throws him a party. that's all you need to know about al jazeera. i don't care how they covered the arab spring. i don't care if they have 18 correspondents in maly. all i know is it is a wicked operation. and you say? >> if i may just for a minute talk about same quinn qintar. came by rub arer boat from lebanon. he and other attackers came across the border. they came northern israeli town. they seized, first of all there was a mother involved with her child she wasn't captured. she was so worried about terrorists as they came through the apartment.
5:09pm
she put her hand over the 2-year-old's mouth and the child died. they take the husband outside county 4-year-old. the israeli defense forces close. in they kill the man and then as was recounted to me ku ntar bashed the baby's head in. >> two babies dead. >> later said baby died in crossfire with the israelis. he changed his story. when i interviewed him a year after the incident. he did not deny it at all. he said these babies -- these babies grow up to the israeli enemy. that's why i killed the babies. >> bill: you are defined by who you associate with. >> he is a terrorist. >> bill: al jazeera throws a big birthday for him and al gore sells the network to al jazeera. come on. >> i think it is indefensible. kuntar cannot be hailed as a hero is he a baby killer. >> bill: i want to hit him with a chair. not you. i will hit him with a chase
5:10pm
lounge. can you believe this guy was almost president this guy? he is totally devoid of any moral outlook at all. it's horrible. >> what's interesting is what goes around comes around. for a decade or more al gore has been run one of the pitied figure in history. he should have been president many believe. >> >> now he is revealed as someone who goes for the short money, someone who goes for the chump change. >> worse than that goes to bed with baby killers in bed with them. geraldo rivera, everybody. juliet huddy will have more on the gore story. so will dennis miller coming up. next on the run down, some americans very angry about president obama nominating chuck hagel as secretary of defense. take a look why. then as mentioned dennis miller on congress being less popular than cockroaches. uh-oh. coming right back. ♪ [ male announcer ] how do you turn an entrepreneur's dream...
5:11pm
♪ into a scooter that talks to the cloud? ♪ or turn 30-million artifacts... ♪ into a high-tech masterpiece? ♪ whatever your business challenge, dell has the technology and services to help you solve it.
5:12pm
5:13pm
gives you 1% cash back on all purchases, plus a 50% annual bonus. and everyone likes 50% more... [ midwestern/chicago accent ] cheddar! yeah! 50 percent more [yodeling] yodel-ay-ee-oo. 50% more flash. [ southern accent ] 50 percent more taters. that's where tots come from. [ male announcer ] the capital one cash rewards card gives you 1% cash back on every purchase plus a 50% annual bonus on the cash you earn. it's the card for people who like more cash. 50% more spy stuff. what's in your wallet? this car is too small.
5:14pm
>> bill: as you may know president obama wants former republican senator chuck hagel to be the new secretary of defense. some gay americans are fiercely objecting to that saying hagel demeaned homosexuals in the past. here is what happened. 1998 then senator hagel commented on a video james hormel mucking it up with the militant sisters anti-catholic gay group in san francisco. hagel objected to that exposition and opposed hormel's nomination as the u.s. ambassador to luxembourg. ultimately bill clinton did send him to luxenberg. his mounts comments are now coming back to haunt him. this is a little complicated. hagel was objecting to this guy hormel, who was sitting on a news set yucking it up with these militant people out in san francisco. he didn't think that was good.
5:15pm
he also said he didn't think a u.s. ambassador should be, quote, flamboyantly homosexual. he considered hormel to be that. >> right. >> bill: is that the reason you are opposing the nomination? >> we are opposing the nomination of chuck hagel first and foremost, bill because we are republicans. and as you see have seen. >> bill: so is he? >> yes there are a myriad of republicans who are coming out in opposition to a chuck hagel nomination for a myriad of reasons. secondly we are gay americans. it's incumbent to make him held accountable on gay issues. >> bill: he has apologized of course he is going to apologize. this was a tough question for you. is there a litmus test? so say somebody says, you know, the gay lifestyle, i kind of object to it because of biblical reasons and it just doesn't fit into my religious point of view. does that disqualify that person from holding an important office? >> you have to take these nominations in context. >> bill: answer that question. if somebody said, look, i object on a religious basis to
5:16pm
homosexuality or the practice of it, does that disqualify the person from holding office? >> the fact is that you have to take each nomination, each. >> bill: it doesn't qualify him? is that what you are saying to me. >> we don't have a litmus test log cabin republicans. no we do not. >> bill: it seems he objected to this ambassador saying luck luxenberg is a catholic country 75%. sending openly gay man over who has yucked it up with these anti-catholic people in san francisco. this is the ambassador, okay? >> sure. >> bill: object to that. that doesn't seem to be unreasonable to me. >> we are not looking at that one instance of a statement where chuck hagel called james hormel openly and aggressively gay as pad as that is we are looking at the totality. he supported the defense of marriage act. he supported don't ask, don't tell. opposed its repeal. specifically because he said that it would be social experimentation. now log cabin republicans have spent a lot of time and money looking of for repeal of don't
5:17pm
ask, don't tell. >> bill: do you think shalg anti-gay. >> his record speaks for itself. we don't need to need to roll the dice on its. we need smooth transition of don't ask, don't tell. >> bill: why would obama nominate somebody who would go against his orthodoxy. i think hagel is just a mouth piece. is he going to do exactly what obama wants him to do. >> i think we can assume that he is going to do that. the fact is when you are a cabinet position you are an advisor to the president in addition to taking his orders. the fact that he has a record in opposition to repeal don't ask don't tell support of defense of marriage act as recently as 2008, bill. he supported a federal marriage amendment in order to prevent gay couples from engaging. >> bill: nebraska. that's what the guys do. now chuck has seen the light, mr. anglo. he has seen the light. he is totally different. he is now on your side. >> he has seen the light.
5:18pm
>> bill: yeah. >> very opportune time. not until the name was floated as potential nominee. >> bill: nobody asked him about it until then. is he not going to apologize for stuff he is not asked about. i think you guys should give him the benefit of the doubt. i don't know if this should dispawf him. i don't like his stance on other issues, you know, maybe as a republican you would object to his kind of waffling on iran and things like that. but the gay thing, i don't know. >> look at the totality of chuck hagel's record totality of that record. see him as disqualified as a potential nominee for secretary of defense. one thing i note also full page out in the hill today that talks about what's right with the republican party. and encourages republicans to evolve and evolve now. not when you are secretary of defense but running for office. the time to evolve is now. >> bill: would you oppose his nomination to lux electionen
5:19pm
espn apologizing for comments mossberger made. everybody hating congress. those reports after these messages. ♪ ♪
5:20pm
♪ we're lucky, it's not every day you find a companion as loyal as a subaru. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru.
5:21pm
5:22pm
>> bill: personal story segment tonight, if you were watching the alabama/notre dame college football game monday night you heard brent must berger say. this do you see that lovely lady there. she does go to auburn. she goes to alabama and that is girlfriend. right there on the right is dee dee bonner. that's his mom. you quarterbacks get all the good-looking women. what a beautiful woman.
5:23pm
wow. a.j. is doing. >> whoa. >> some things right. >> if you are a youngster at alabama, start getting the football out and throwing around the backyard. >> bill: well now espn has apologized not must berger espn. some are asking for what? with us to comment republican strategist and from washington fox news analyst kirsten powers. you say powers. >> i think espn should apologize for apologizing. there is -- he did nothing wrong. there is nothing wrong with calling a woman beautiful and lovely. you have people saying that it's creepy to say somebody is beautiful and lovely this is feminism completely out of control and off the rails. this should just be -- i think this is normal behavior. she is gorgeous woman. what's wrong with that? >> bill: here is what jennifer grier the chair woman at the journal department at the university of alabama said. quote: the role that women
5:24pm
play, even in the journalistic respect is in the supportive role, the mom, the hot girlfriend, the sideline reporter. they are accepted in this world but in particular roles that reinforces the stereotype of the hot model girlfriend attached to a quarterback. i don't know if that's a stereotype but in this case it is the hot model attached to the quarterback. i don't know how you report the story. >> there is is no story. complimented the mother as well. perfectly appropriate. a woman who is a beauty queen. she has won beauty pageants which obviously a whole lot. there was nothing inappropriate. you and kirsten powers diametrically opposed on political issues both agree this is nonsense, this is craziness? >> yes.
5:25pm
why does the network espn apologize? who is driving that apoll guy? what are they afraid of here? if no one is upset, why are they apologizing? what forces this? >> because they get attention out of calling out massage nist and sexist and everything. i would do that too if that were the case. >> bill: you would apologize for that. >> i would be calling them out if that was in fact the case. if somebody was being sexist but they are not. this is so unfair. >> bill: you are not answering my question. pal give you a shot at it. network as powerful as espn issue a formal apology to something that most americans i'll submit didn't see anything wrong with. >> because like i said, this is -- i consider myself a feminist. this is is a part of the feminist movement that has really gone awry there are a lot of liberal feminist very shill about this and who make a lot of noise and they
5:26pm
complain about -- progress a left web site right now they have one of the top female bloggers on there talking about this just like the problem in the nfl with domestic violence. >> bill: why would anyone -- let me quote you one more thing. >> okay. >> bill: this is from sue carter professor of journalism at michigan state. all right? quote: it's extraordinarily inappropriate to focus on an individual's looks. >> that's stupid. >> bill: if you are a beauty queen and you are in the stands and you are the girlfriend of the quarterback. what else do you do? the point i'm trying to make culture. >> everybody is afraid. gotten to the point everybody is so afraid to say anything. >> trying to get points with the left. >> why would espn try to get points?
5:27pm
shear a bulletin for espn. >> in case somebody might be offended we better go out there and apologize. >> bill: no feminist watch you. >> i don't know if that's true. >> you can't comment on the cheerleaders i guess. why would the football game have cheerleaders? the whole thing is ridiculous. >> bill: sitting around boomerring the guy. >> i'm a new sports fan. you obviously don't watch "fox news sunday." i'm a new sports fan. i will be watching a the love the espn. the point is this is the pc problem. overtaken our culture. it's paranoia is what it is. >> bill: there you go. she nailed it paranoid. they are afraid of anything. >> if i compliment you on your tie am i going to be perp walked out of the study yesterday. >> bill: i don't want to be commented upon because of my looks. i don't want that. i will tear this tie to pieces. >> i will be perp walked out of this studio. >> bill: don't you think about commenting on my looks. >> don't worry, i won't.
5:28pm
>> bill: thanks very much. plenty more ahead as the factor moves along this evening. carl cameron has stuff on vice president biden's gun control meeting. should be a live one. whether can continue to dodge the libyan controversy. al jazeera and al gore merger. something about caught miller's attention. alli can help you lose one more by blocking some of the fat you eat. let's fight fat with alli. ♪ mommy's having a french fry. yes she is, yes she is. [ bop ] [ male announcer ] could've had a v8. 100% vegetable juice, with three of your daily vegetable servings in every little bottle.
5:29pm
with three of your daily vegetable servings is bigger than we think ... sometimelike the flu.fer from with aches, fever and chills- the flu's a really big deal.
5:30pm
so why treat it like it's a little cold? there's something that works differently than over-the-counter remedies. prescription tamiflu attacks the flu virus at its source. so don't wait. call your doctor right away. tamiflu is prescription medicine for treating the flu in adults and children one year and older whose flu symptoms started within the last two days. before taking tamiflu tell your doctor if you're pregnant, nursing. have serious health conditions, or take other medicines. if you develop an allergic reaction, a severe rash, or signs of unusual behavior, stop taking tamiflu and call your doctor immediately. children and adolescents in particular may be at an increased risk of seizures, confusion or abnormal behavior. the most common side effects are mild to moderate nausea and vomiting. the flu comes on fast, so ask your doctor about tamiflu. prescription for flu.
5:31pm
>> bill: washington beat segment tonight, we have
5:32pm
ordered, ordered carl cameron and james rosen two fox news washington guys to give us inside stuff. they better do it tonight tonig. cammeron, you are up first. what happened today at the biden gun control meeting? >> well, the vice president said that the president was looking for legislation. he lved also use executive action. mr. biden didn't say what or how. there is some speculation it might be about some sort of a tracking data base to find weapons and keep track of them over time. we know what the administration does want and that's to ban military style assault weapons. new restrictions on high capacity magazines and loophole free background checks. gun groups want more on mental illness and violence industry and video games. they will have their go at the end of the week it is clear that the white house is less interested in culture than gun control then. >> the threat today was, hey, if we can't get this through the house, he will sign an executive order. we are just going to do it around congress. change the whole gun law deal by the president's signature it. that will be interesting because that will go to the supreme court, i think. >> there is is limits how can he do that so they have got to
5:33pm
be careful. rosen, lindsey graham, senator from south korea. -- south carolina. he doesn't like brennan for the cia. what's the beef? >> first he has threatened to put a block on the nomination of john brennan for cia director unless he, senator graham gets more and better answers on the administration's response to the benghazi attacks than he got before the election. this doesn't mean that john brennan is thought to be vulnerable on benghazi per se. really it reflects the fact that on capitol hill, john brennan is not a pop l.a. larr guy. i can't even repeat some the language that descended on my virgin ears when i called people on the hill today because they feel that he is aloof. he is arrogant. they called him some unprintable language. he makes obama look humble. talk about in private meetings. >> bill: it's a personality thing. >> it's a personality thing. >> bill: i don't care about the personality of the cia chief. i want him to be effective.
5:34pm
>> bill: it's interesting that graham would say look i'm going to block this enemies you are more forth coming about the libyan thing as you point out brennan has nothing to do with it another thing in addition to gun control that president obama has on his agenda is immigration, cammeron. what is likely to happen there? >> well, your prediction at the top of the show sounded about right. the president is going to outline some of his goals in his inaugural address in now less than two weeks. what's going to end up in legislation is very very unclear. republicans are committed to border security first. there hasn't been a lot of talk of that lately. in the senate look for florida senator marco rubio to be a key player there are indications he might be willing to talk to moderate democrats as they begin to craft legislation. on the house side it's like -- planning town hall style meetings in florida. if there is a bill it will probably come out from the speaker himself. john boehner understands very well the impact of latinos on the 2012 election. >> they have to get out in front of this. i respect the republicans to be benign on this. the whole culture is changing
5:35pm
because of the politics on, this cammeron. it's not going to be my way or the highway anymore. it's going to be kind of extending a hand and they will kind of come to some agreement because border crossings are down. >> absolutely. but, mitch mcconnell, the head of the republican minority in the senate said what comes first is the debt and deficit. everything else is going to have to wait. there is going to be in the way. >> i don't know. i think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. maybe they can't. >> we will will see. >> maybe they can't. rosen, finally afghanistan, winding down the u.s. presence there. country is corrupt. remains so. karzai coming here. if you see karzai just check your wallet before you leave the room. because the guy is a weasel. we all know it. so what's going on there, rosen? >> well, the big decision that he is awaiting from the obama administration is how many u.s. troops the president is is going to leave in afghanistan after our combat mission in that country ends at the end of 2014.
5:36pm
the pentagon was recommending 10 to 15,000 troops. now the obama administration is floating numbers like 6 to 9,000 and they refuse to rule out the zero option. >> bill: there must be a reason why they are doing that rosen because it doesn't make any sense. >> there is, behind the scenes the diplomats here in this building the state department are negotiating with afghanistan the terms the terms of our agreement with. they called a status of forces agreement. and they are trying to basically push karzai around a little bit to get some concessions from him. maybe we raise the number of troops if you give for those troops immunity from prosecution. >> bill: stop with your brother maybe we will give you more troops that keep from you getting your head cut off which is exactly what's going to happen if the u.s. pulls everybody out. karzai will last, what? 24 hours? he has some accounts in london and switzerland. you know how it goes. sharp dresser tonight. >> bill: i liked the seeing: you were pitty, inside stuff so we will bring them back.
5:37pm
right? >> thank you, bill. >> thanks, bill. >> bill: stay humble. we come right back, it will be miller time talking about humble. hot one this evening. al gore and al jazeera. everybody hating congress. miller is next. ♪ [ male announcer ] this is karen anjeremiah.
5:38pm
they don't know it yet, but they' gonna fall in love, get married, have a couple of kids, [ children laughing ] move to the country, and live a long, happy life together where they almost never fight about money. [ dog barks ] because right after they get married, they'll find some retirement people who are paid on salary, not commission. they'll get straightforward guidance and be able to focus on other things, like each other, which isn't rocket science. it's just common sense. from td ameritrade.
5:39pm
5:40pm
>> bill: thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the miller time segment tonight. let's get to the sage of southern california, joining us now from santa barbara.
5:41pm
all right, miller, you heard herald talking about al gore and al jazeera and you say? >> well, you shouldn't get too deep with al gore. he is a bad guy. ethically speaking he makes john edwards look like sur thomas moore. horn dog. this guy is genius at rationalization. imagine the the contraption he has put up inside that thin little pea pod he calls his brain case to be allowed to think that he at the vanguard of the green movement can do business with big oil like this. how does gore sleep at night other than, you know, eating a bag of donuts and hooking himself up to an iv of yahoo and nodding off in sugar coma. he is an empty hack. is he such an empty hack i'm surprised he didn't become our president. at this point i would say al, go seek be a solution from oprah. that's all you have got less.
5:42pm
>> now, when did you and this is a serious question, which when did you decide that he was a bad guy? well, i think when he made this much hay off a heart felt cause. i don't like guys who profit from being a prophet. i think gore was frankly in his youth the elbow would he see of the hotel in d.c. always lived in the wake of his old man. he was trying to cancer out on his own. he got his head handed to him when he ran for election. people turned him back florida, i would say it's tennessee. the people who knew him best knew he shouldn't be allowed near that presidency. i think it broke his spirit. he decided to make any deal with any hot devil that he could. he chose global warming. and now he is probably worth north of a quarter billion dollars. good for him. i'm glad he is rich. if thinks we haven't noticed is he a big hack who is completely full of it, i don't know who is kidding who.
5:43pm
>> bill: last night we had a discussion about welfare recipients. a few of them. not many. a few here in new york. [ laughter ] bill. >> really, billy? i haven't seen the work. >> bill: they did a freedom of information act. came up with a few people using welfare cards and strip joints and gambling places and booze places, all right? so then we brought on jimmy mcmillan who uses the street to say this. seriously do you think somebody is going to walk into a strip club because they want to get some of their welfare benefits and walk out? come on. >> i'm a former stripper. >> bill: you are a former stripper. >> i'm a were forestripper. >> bill: here in the united states or some other country. >> in the united states. being a former stripper. >> bill: yeah. >> and 100% of the strippers are welfare recipients. >> bill: wait? you are telling me that the strippers are are welfare recipients? >> yeah. >> bill: aren't you getting paid? >> they need that money. because they have someone baby-sitting their children so that when they get off from work they may have to get money from that machine. >> bill: so you buy it jimmy or what? >> well, thank god it's
5:44pm
only -- what did you say three or four people in the entire country doing that? >> bill: in new york. i don't know the exact number. not that many. >> as long as it's just a few. you are saying cat was a stripper? >> bill: i'm not telling you. that's what he said. >> i'm telling you the stage is too damn low if this guy is a stripper. and i don't need him coming in here and dangling his belief systems in front of me. all right? who says you can't spend food stamps on edible undies, billy? it's the american way. this country is going to hell in a g string. enjoy the ride. >> bill: i knew you were going to load up on poor jim. >> i wouldn't have said it that way. >> bill: i bet you miller is watching this taking notes. talking about setting up at the table. oh my god. >> cats is like 8,000. where was he stripping at the garden of eden for god's sake?
5:45pm
>> bill: that's what i want to know. was it molly you were working or where? where was that? >> wow. i didn't know we had come up out of the sea at that point much less stripping. [ laughter ] >> bill: he worked at the perimicium. [ laughter ] all right. congress in a new poll, people prefer cockroaches and the actual bug. here is what people prefer to congress. root canal, head lies, cockroaches in and france. >> can i understand head lies, cockroaches and colon colonoscopiys but france? oh my god, that is brutal. i don't think much of congress but to say they are thought of less than france, that's inhumane. you know something?
5:46pm
jimmy stripped at the grand opening in the eiffel tower. [ laughter ] >> now, listen, let's face facts. congress people aren't the brightest people out of the 135 up there. there is probably 35 good smart principled people you look up and aspire too. the rest of them weren't smart enough, good enough in sports and hadn't mastered a music musical instrument. last chance of having sex. >> bill: i disagree. half of them are patriots and noble. >> only one half. only one half of a person. out of 535. >> only one half. >> bill: i say half. >> half of them. >> bill: the senate is included in this. not just the house. people have no regard because they realize that most or many of the representatives on the hill just not looking out for us, miller like jimmy is jimmy is looking out for it. >> not like it used to be. have you ever seen the old wood cuttings of jimmy stripping at valley forge.
5:47pm
>> bill: pointing to history that wood cutting wasn't developed enough. >> kept the troops together. kept the troops together during that cold winter. how horrified they were by jimmy's struggle. >> bill: dennis miller, everybody. i'm not responsible. and both the d man and i would like to thank you because tickets for the bolder fresher show is going fast. we will see you in phoenix february 22nd. l.a. at the nokia theater march 1st. dar constitutional hall in washington april 26th. west bury long island june 1sz. info on all the shows on bill o'reilly.com. in a moment, did you see that giant squid threatening the world. juliet huddy with the story coming up. how can you get back pain relief that lasts up to 16 hours? with thermacare heatwraps. thermacare works differently. it's the only wrap with patented heat cells that penetrate deep to relax, soothe, and unlock tight muscles. for up to 16 hours of relief, try thermacare.
5:48pm
5:49pm
5:50pm
5:51pm
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight. did you see that? we begin with the poor people at the far left network current tv who may lose their jobs because old al gore sold them out to al jazeera. >> >> now what happened to current tv? usama bin laden is your new boss? what happened? >> stop it. stop it. >> do you know yet? >> the current tv was bought by al jazeera. >> right. >> to me it's like al gore, al jazeera, al pacino, it's all the same thing to me. [ laughter ] [ applause ] you know, i just work there. i'm learning farsi. >> so much for jews controlling the media. [ laughter ] >> not anymore. >> let me is ask you something. i heard glenn beck tried to buy current tv. >> that would have been a net mayor. >> which is worse al jazeera or. >> al jazeera. david letterman bought nbc? how would you like it? >> bill: here now to further the story.
5:52pm
>> your girl. >> bill: juliette huddy. current tv people don't like it they will get fired and make all these millions of dollars. going to slap a burqa on her. >> slap a burger on her even worse. i actually spoke to some insiders at al jazeera. >> bill: insiders at current tv. >> my sources at current tv. >> bill: what do they say. >> a lot of them are still there who didn't choose to leave say that they knew this was coming and knew it was going to be sold it was a business, they were making money. they wanted to sell it. they actually feel like better al jazeera come in than cbs. cbs already has their people in place. al jazeera comes in. they are more likely than cbs and the hallmark channel to keep the people around. >> bill: cbs if you misbehave they might suspend you for a day. al jazeera they behead you. that's very tough working conditions. >> bill: very people know this there is a giant squid on the loose in the pacific ocean and
5:53pm
threat to everybody. roll the tape. ♪ >> bill: fox news correspondents in l.a. on vacation out there with the squid. there is a giant squid, right? >> we knew there were giant skids out there. >> bill: we did. >> when they are dead they float to the surface. we have never seen them. this is actual video from the discovery channel special. i talked with a scientist today involved in this special. she said this is the holy grail of nature cinematography. >> where is this giant squid?
5:54pm
>> 1 ton squid size of a bus. 600 miles south of japan. there could be many many more. >> how many miles south of japan. >> 600 miles. >> bill: that's a lot of call marchry. >> that will feed an entire city for years. >> bill: it's a one ton squid. south of japan in the pacific. is it attacking anyone. >> below the sea level. >> bill: too deep to get anybody. >> to deep to get anybody. not going to come up to the surface and attack you with eight tentacles. >> bill: we are annoying it. >> doing research on it and not annoying it. it actually stayed around in the past we have been scaring him because of the bright light. >> bill: maybe it was lonely down there and finally somebody to play with. >> it's probably got a little girlfriend i'm sure with little tentacle. >> bill: national geographic should be aware too. in japan those creatures tend to get a lot of radiation and grow up and attack tokyo.
5:55pm
>> this is a serious special, phil. you are mocking. >> bill: it is? >> very important development in nature cinematography. >> bill: i am apologizing for the whole program. >> please email me if you want some legitimate information on squid january 27th on discovery. congratulations to them. >> bill: i like the squid just don't want to strangle juliet. grooming advice for guys that may offend you. the tip 60 seconds away. [ male announcer ] wouldn't it be cool
5:56pm
if we took the already great sentra apart and completely reimagined it? ...with best-in-class combined mpg... and more interior room than corolla and civic? ...and a technology suite with bluetooth, navigation and other handy stuff? yeah, that would be cool. introducing the all-new nissan sentra. it's our most innovative sentra ever. nissan. innovation that excites. now get a $169-per-month lease on a 2013 nissan sentra. ♪ >> time for tip of the day. in a moment. good grooming for guys. first mail, and josh of virginia, mr. o'reilly your views on planned parenthood are wrong and offensive. and your failure to realize that they help women oefrffends
5:57pm
me. >> and from minnesota, nearly all pull and private businesses are no different. and we're waiting for congress to step up and begin investigati investigating. and louise say says that's wrong, funds aren't used for abortion, and that's why i've called for an inquiry, and find out why. >> can't thank you enough for discussing the issue of welfare ebt cards. as a grocery clerk i've seen people use those cards to buy alcohol. and first no cash withdrawals, everything done through magnetic card media. anything prohibited is automatically disallowed at the cash register. you should be the secretary of welfare, pat.
5:58pm
jim quinn, clark airfield, philippines, repeat the sessionment it's not worth working if you make less than $40,000 a year, because welfare can amount to that much. >> and judy shaw in canada, mr. o'reilly, i bought myself a premium membership and killing lincoln as my free book, but you didn't sign it. >> that's for raising funds. >> and the people i want to have dinner with, sylvester stallone, and aaron rogers and bill o'reilly. and here is the three people i'd like to dine with separately. number one jesus. number two, muhammad, number three, benjamin franklin. i think i would learn the most from no spin conversation with those guys. let me know your first dinner
5:59pm
choice and why, i'll read them in the segment tomorrow. finally tonight, back to the tip of the day, guys, listen up, listen up, get ready to be offended. here are some grooming tips for men over the age of 40. number one, no pony tails, they look dumb. they're okay for paul revere and the raiders back in the late '60s, but not for you. number two, no earrings unless you're a pirate and can prove it. number three, no bandanas. the only guy who looks good in a bandana is little steven vanzant. he can wear one, but you can't. number four, no facial tattoos, unless you are serving life in the penitentiary. and finally, no shirts not tucked in. if you're under 40 you can walk around looking sloppy, it's expected. if you're a mature guy, a man